Saturday, February 23, 2008

My life (cross posted from my livejournal)

I am currently working on my blog or journal assignment for my e-commerce class. One of my goals is to add add c+, java, and Perl programming communities in such sites such as Yahoo groups, devx, and I think for a few on Livejournal as well.

Yahoo is truly a blast from my past as I used to live in the online groups before www.livejournal.com, myspace.com, and now slashdot.org. Does anyone still use them?

I am curious.

No one uses Livejournal anymore either. I figured its that or I do not update anymore nor does my wife since we are married and have no lives outside of world of warcraft, school, and work.

Employment situation :-(

Speaking of jobs. Mine will officially be gone by the end of spring. :-(

23 million dollar budget cuts forced aides such as myself to leave even if its in a child's IEP report. My wife may loose her job too. All of this is thanks to the housing crises. There are blocks and blocks of for sale and foreclosed signs here in California. This means no property taxes and now less money for our employer.

I read a confidential memo and one of our elementary schools is closing. I can't mention which one because this is online but it appears summer school maybe canceled as well.

Rialto school district is laying off 400 teachers and counselors thanks to the budget cuts and Anne maybe next to lose her job since she is untenored and its her first year.


Other developments

I met an HR director who is on my e-commerce team. He just reviewed my resume and gave me some job leads! Starting Monday after my finals, blog assignments, and presentations I will spend at least 30 minutes a day redoing my resume and looking for other work. I am a junior now and so far received straight A's. I may be getting my first B in bus com but I suppose I can put up with it.

Ok everyone please click on this link on my blog assignment so I can get more hits! lol


Now if only I didn'tdelete my java tutorials from HCC. I could have posted it up and could have received more hits.

No comments: